Thursday, November 29, 2007

Noe's in Hawaii and I'm here.


So I thought I'd post a photo of Noe and I (I look a little drunk), and also post a another poem. I have been working hard in school and writing more poetry than I ever thought I would. It turns out that I kind of like the poetry genre, although I still feel the need to do some journalistic writing. Either way writing is writing and it's all good practice. So here is a poem of mine, hope you enjoy.





Her Ritual


this city is alive
in the way you and I are alive,
she breathes fresh ocean air
and exhales pollution

roads are her arteries
she bleeds just as you and I bleed
cars pouring in and out
throbbing earthly rhythms

her flesh, the buildings
so sensitive to the elements,
she peels away old
to be replaced by new

she bathes in winter rain
pushing autumn leaves out of her pores,
making way to be dressed
by colors of spring flora

she takes summer off lying beneath sun
before disrobing her colors
while days become shorter,
ready again for showers from above

she sleeps when you sleep
rises when you rise
feels what you feel
grows as you grow

and she does all this
for you
without you
noticing


No comments: